Tuesday, December 13, 2011

When words fail, music speaks.

All right now, this is my translation of this assignment from my Finnish blog that I did for my Finnish course. This time I actually put effort into making this one, so I thought that maybe I should re-write it in English and put it here too.

So the idea is that I picked some emotions and then I chose the first song that came to my mind and linked it there. Then I wrote something about the emotion in general and then what it means to me.
I know, it might sound kind of lame, but it was a big hit among the other course members. So here it is.
LOVE
This feeling is kind of current for me, because I have been dating my boyfriend for about a month and a half. I know it isn’t a very long time and surely it isn’t enough to fall in love with someone. Or then on the other hand it could be, if you believe in such thing as love at first sight. Oh well, as a feeling love is a very strong. There are clear body reactions like: pulse rises, some get butterflies in their stomachs and the concentration focuses only on the one person that you feel weird hanging around. But this kind of feeling is the kind feeling you feel when you fall in love with someone, with someone you want to spend the rest of your life and with who you want to build a family.
In general I would describe love in a way that you care about someone else more than about yourself. You would be ready to do anything for that one person, be there for them even in the middle of the night and if you want to be really extreme, you could be ready to take a bullet for them or something. There are many different kinds of love. Surely you feel differently towards your siblings, parent, friends or boy-/girlfriend.
That’s the beauty of it, it comes in many forms and it’s capable of change.
JOY
Obviously joy is a very positive feeling. Usually people associate it with laughter, smiling and all in all a happy being. For the feeling of joy there are many different reasons. For me such reasons are friends, family, success at school, good news, nice surprises, parties etc. Of course it’s very personal thing of what you become happy for and of what not.
I think I’m a very happy person, I laugh a lot and after I get over my coma in the mornings, I am a very social and cheerful being. Nevertheless all of us have bad days and days when we’re depressed, but hopefully they don’t last long.
SORROW
Before it was joy, so logically the next one is sorrow, like a complete set. You can actually think of sorrow as the opposite of joy. When you’re sad, you cry, you don’t feel like doing anything, you’d like to be left alone and life is gray and well, sad. But sadness is also necessary in life, sometimes you just have to come down from your castle of clouds and return to the earth to face the hard reality. Also, as in every situation and feeling, there are many possible reasons for it, for example someone close to you has died, you did badly in some test, nasty surprises, accidents, family, friends etc. Almost everything is two-way, depending on how the person in question interprets the situation.
I am one of those people who are easy to cheer up if you know how. But also, it’s in my character to worry about things way too much and sometimes they make me sad.
ANGER
Hmph, this is a very strong, aggressive feeling. When you’re angry (or drunk) you usually do something stupid that you’re going to regret afterwards. When you get angry, you really don’t think about anything else but the reason why you’re mad. You don’t think straight and that’s usually when you open your big mouth and say something nasty that you know will hurt the other one. Of course there are different levels and strengths in anger that change from mild irritation to uncontrollable rage. Anger is also connected to many other feelings, for example jealousy and envy.

FEAR
(This music actually scares the shit out of me)
This is also a very strong feeling, but this time it’s less easy to control. There are all sorts of different kind of thing that people are afraid of, for some they might be just normal every day things and for some others they can launch horrible anxiety attacks and strong heart beating and palm sweating. Fear can be directed to animals, spaces, peoples or in general situations. Usually fear is related to reactions where you either run or attack. This is caused by the hormones. Fear can also be rational or irrational and the strength of it changes. Some people actually enjoy the feeling of fear and get themselves into situations where you experience fear or excitement.
 I don’t particularly care for fear, especially when I am alone in the dark. For example horror movies are kind of fun when you’re with a lot of people, but when you’re alone in your home and you’re supposed to watch a horror movie, no way.


So there it is, it’s not as good as I though, because I really am bad at translating, but it will do.
Oh, and I don’t remember did I already talk about this idea, but I’m thinking about making this sort of a diary for the things I am grateful for and then I also thought about making anti- things I am thankful for-diary or something about the things that annoy me or something. So I will let you know how that works out.
See ya around.


No comments: